PHOTO: Shane Cortese
Well-known Auckland auctioneer Shane Cortese has joined Harcourts New Zealand’s award-winning northern region team as Group Auctioneer/Assistant Regional Manager and will begin the role late next month.
Mr Cortese, recognised for his significant acting career in New Zealand before becoming an award-winning auctioneer at Harcourts, says he is delighted to be “back in blue”.
“I’m very excited to be working alongside my new colleagues in calling auctions, and in maintaining and training the Harcourts’ award-winning auction culture,” he says.
“This role is ideal for me, particularly given the strong ongoing success that Harcourts New Zealand has built over a long period of time with its auction team – not just in those successfully calling today, but in the upcoming stars of the future.”
Harcourts New Zealand recently triumphed at the 2021 REINZ National Real Estate Auctioneering Championships, with four of its own taking top honours ahead of scores of competitors. The company clinched the premier division, rising star division (both 1st and 2nd place) and inaugural open division.
Harcourts New Zealand Managing Director Bryan Thomson says Mr Cortese is a perfect fit for the Northern Region auction team and will join other colleagues in driving performance and auction excellence across the group.
“We are thrilled that Shane has jumped at the chance to join our premier auction team, and he will assist Harcourts New Zealand in continuing to dominate the real estate auction industry,” he says. “Auction services are extremely important to Harcourts New Zealand, and we are determined to continue offering premier service to our clients across New Zealand.”
Harcourts National Auction Manager Aaron Davis says Mr Cortese is a “gentleman of an auctioneer and a people person. Shane is proven across all price brackets and will be back in blue driving our culture and success,” he says.
Mr Cortese started his new role on August 23.
- Abandoned land for sale
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s incredible house-flipping jackpot
- HOUSING CRISIS: Rents are going through the roof | Trade Me Report
- Homeowner anxious to find lockdown buyer as new home settlement date draws closer
- Excited to be in a position to buy her first home – LOTTO WINNER
- Lockdown sees plenty of real estate activity
- Paula Bennett gets a COVID test after attending Bayleys national conference
- NZ real estate agents. You need to be on TikTok | WATCH
- NZ property market is slowing – CoreLogic (WATCH)
- House prices could drop soon, Reserve Bank predicts | WATCH