Opoly has launched a new equity crowdfunding platform inviting everyday kiwi’s to co-purchase an Oamaru section for $105,000.
By investing a minimum of $100, members of the public will become co-owners of the piece of land. They will have a share relative to their investment and will hope to see capital growth in three year’s time when forecasted suburban growth is achieved.
The concept is called ‘blockified property’ and is the brainchild of Opoly Founder, Felix Watkins.
“We are excited to make land investing accessible and possible for all Kiwis, regardless of their wealth status”, says Mr Watkins. “Unlike many other asset classes, land is tangible, and with this current climate, it is hard to see land going down, as population grows into the future,” explained Watkins.
PledgeMe CEO, Dr Claire McGowan, is interested to see how New Zealanders respond to the offer.
“Successful capital-raising for a community-owned property is not new to the PledgeMe platform”, says McGowan. “Collett’s Corner in Lyttelton raised $1.6 million from over 600 investors on PledgeMe. We’re excited to see Opoly’s crowd rally around them, too.”
The property is located at Lot 33 Ashburn Street in Oamaru.
Opoly is offering 1,050 shares at NZ$100 per share, which represents 100% of the company. The minimum pledge is $100. The equity crowdfunding campaign launched publicly on 18 August at 12:00 pm NZDT.
You can find the campaign and information memorandum here:
- Real estate agent in hospital after riding accident
- TRAGIC NEWS for New Zealand’s first home buyers
- Abandoned land for sale
- Warning after Kiwi couple caught out by clause in new-build house contract
- Major NZ bank hikes interest rates ahead of OCR decision | WATCH
- Auckland real estate agent buys personalised ad from Rudy Giuliani | WATCH
- ‘We were conned’: Property management company | WATCH
- Shaun Johnson sells Aussie property as he heads home to the Warriors
- Don Ha | New Zealand’s very own Property Guru (EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – PODCAST)
- Bleak future for unvaccinated real estate agents | AUSTRALIA