PHOTO: Photo: supplied by Jessica Bell
Scott Brown’s carpentry ‘how to’ videos are helping DIYers get the job done not just in New Zealand but around the world.
The YouTube channel is a family affair with Scotts partner Jessica Bell lending her creativity to the tutorials.
Scott Brown Carpentry now has over 280,000 YouTube subscribers and more than 50,000 Instagram followers.
In the videos, you can find Scott tackling tasks such as hanging a door, replacing house piles or building a floating shelf (one of the most popular).
It was a bit tricky transferring renovation skills into furniture-making, Scott says.
People are also enjoying Scott’s video about making a plywood feature wall with a bi-folding door.
“That was super popular because we put the plywood on without nail holds, it was just glue.”
Tool review videos have also helped grow their YouTube audience, Jess says.
“One of our more successful review videos was Scott saying what he didn’t like about a particular tool, it was ‘why I don’t ever use this screw gun’. And then the company MAKITA contacted us and said ‘oh you’re just using the wrong one, we’ll sort that out’.”
READ MORE VIA RNZ
- Abandoned land for sale
- House prices could drop soon, Reserve Bank predicts | WATCH
- Real Estate Agent Fees: How are they fair?
- Ex-flight attendants pivot to become real estate agents
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s incredible house-flipping jackpot
- Excited to be in a position to buy her first home – LOTTO WINNER
- HOUSING CRISIS: Rents are going through the roof | Trade Me Report
- Paula Bennett gets a COVID test after attending Bayleys national conference
- Homeowner anxious to find lockdown buyer as new home settlement date draws closer
- Doing stunts in Hollywood movies to selling re